Ability Physio NW can provide assessment, advise and therapeutic intervention for the following:
- Developmental delay of babies and infants
- Cerebral palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Other syndromes
- ABI (acquired brain injury)
- Spina bifida
- Muscular dystrophies
This is not a comprehensive list. Please give us a call to discuss the needs of you or your child and to see if we are able to help.
Following an initial comprehensive assessment, we will work closely with you to determine appropriate therapy goals. We will devise an individualised, evidence-based, therapy program aimed at building on an individual’s strengths, to work towards achieving your functional mobility goals. We will also make every effort to liaise with other services involved with your child to ensure a comprehensive coordinated approach.
Interventions may include:
- Provision of home and school-based physiotherapy programs
- Programs may include stretching and strengthening and balance training exercises
- Development of a hydrotherapy program
- Gait training
- Assessment and advice regarding specialist equipment provision, including walking aids, standing frames, and positioning equipment
- Training of carers
NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme
We are registered to provide the following supports:
- Personal Mobility Equipment
- Therapeutic Supports
Medicare - Chronic Disease Management Plan (previously known as Enhanced Primary Care Plan)
People with a “chronic and complex medical need” may be able to access Medicare benefits to cover a total of 5 allied health sessions to help manage their condition. Please discuss access to this scheme with your GP.
Private Health Insurance
We recommend that you contact your private health fund provider to determine your eligibility and level of cover for Physiotherapy.